• ⅔ cup unsweet almond milk
• ¼ cup egg whites
• 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
• 1 tablespoon chia seed
• 1 teaspoon gluten-free pure vanilla extract
• 10 drops stevia or 2 tbsp xylitol (or other natural sweetener)
• ⅔ cup chickpea flour or coconut flour
• 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
Combine almond milk and chia and allow to sit for 10 minutes – this will get the chia all gelatinous and good for your digestion. Alternatively, allow the chia to soak overnight in the milk, then add to the recipe.
Preheat a small non-stick pan on medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the wet ingredients.
Stir until just mixed.
Pour ¼ of the mixture into the preheated pan. Allow the first side to cook for 3-4 minutes, or until bubbles form and the edges begin to turn golden.
Flip and allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Place completed pancake on cooling rack and repeat with remaining batter.
Serve with melted coconut oil, maple syrup, chopped apple and pecans.